10 Simple Life Hacks
1. Record your creative thoughts and to-dos right away. Whether you carry a pad or use an app like Evernote, record your thoughts. I sometimes tell myself I'll write things down later, but a lot of the time later either never happens, or I forget exactly what I wanted to write.
2. Make lists. Packing for a trip? Heading to the grocery store? Trying to decide what to do today? Use a list. It helps to prevent you from forgetting important things.
3. Make the most out of your time. If you spend your commute trying to decide what music or radio show to listen to, instead, spend some time on your commute or all of it listening to e-books, reading, or learning a new skill instead of wasting time flipping through things that you don't really care about.
4. Trust your gut. This to me is probably one of the most important things in my life. Whenever people ask me what the number 1 thing they could do to improve their decision making is, I say follow your gut. It's almost always right. But sometimes, it can be hard to learn which voice inside is your gut talking as well as making sure you do actually listen to it when you hear it.
5. Only use your credit card in emergencies and for the points, as in only use it if you know you have the money to pay it off, or have no other choice but to use it in an EMERGENCY.
6. Put your phone in your pocket when you're with friends and family. Don't sit around on your phone when you're with the people who matter because you never know when they won't be around anymore.
7. If there's something you want to do, DO IT. Stop saying you'll do it tomorrow, and do it today. Want to write an app? Learn guitar? Run a marathon. Start now. Even if it's just a small step like searching on the internet for how to get started. Create a schedule for yourself and stick to it.
8. Believe in yourself. If there is something you want to do, then believe you can do it. "He who says he can, and he who says he can't, are both usually right." Don't let others tell you that you can't just because they don't believe or because they think it's a long shot. The only people in life who ever make the long shots are the ones who try and don't give up.
9. Always put your "everyday items" in the same spot. AKA your keys, wallet, etc. This will prevent you from having to waste time searching for them.
10. Don't be afraid to talk to strangers. You never know who is standing next to you in line or sitting with you at the bus stop. It could be the person who lands you your big break or can introduce you to some really interesting people or opportunities.